Monday, November 9, 2009

Books That Are Very Important Capitalized

I was in the midst of reading one Important Book (The Mayor of Castro Street) but that wasn't enough, I was too impatient to start on the Important Book Du Jour, Eating Animals. It was an upbeat two weeks.

The former is a phenomenal read. The best class I took at Northwestern was Gay and Lesbian History because its history we're a part of and I find that fascinating enough to outweight the cheesier implications of such a statement. The latter...as someone who has been drinking all that Kool Aid and then some, I enjoyed it, but anybody else would be better off reading the incisive New Yorker review of the book. For those of us who don't eat meat and like skinny jeans paired with Converse, Eating Animals is a great read. for the rest of the world... you should probably just re-read Everything is Illuminated.

Also, I'm not giving up on you, Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment