Saturday, March 20, 2010

Seriously, my shoulder hurts.

Museum of Innocence is going to stay with me for a long time and not just because I have a sore shoulder from carrying all 529 pages of it around New York. This is the story of a decade-long love or infatuation, depending on your own personal beliefs, in Istanbul that is finally commemorated with a Museum of Innocence, a collection of little trinkets our hero picks up over these years spent with the object of his affection. Here's the thing.... I don't know if this was a book about love or lust or infatuation or obsession or what. It's sort of like the end of "Before Sunrise" or "Before Sunset"-do you think they'll end up together or not? And just like I think something new at the end of each of those movies every time I see them, my reading of this book is probably going to vary day to day depending on my mood and my life and my everything. I think that only makes it better. Sarah, please read this so we can talk about it because I really want to talk about it but I don't want to say anything about it because I don't want to ruin it and like..it's so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment