Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Kind of People Who Wear Lobster Print Trousers

Judging by the title, I expected this to be a novel about the chafing caused by Brooks Brothers' trousers and how awkward it is to be named Chas Pennyworth VI. I kinda wish it had been. Cause I dunno, man. If you're gonna tempt me with a book about the elite of Boston and open with a prologue describing how far back our leading character's family goes in American history, can the story not be about a girl who just graduated from college and doesn't know what she's doing and her stoner friend who doesn't know what he's doing and her rich dad who knocked up the Spanish nanny and her sad lonely mom and her awkward precocious brother? I imagine Chas Pennyworth VI's life was way more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment