Friday, February 5, 2010

Ah, To Be a Literary Mistress

Last week, I heard Jonathan Lethem speak. And when I say I heard Jonathan Lethem speak, I mean, I listened for 45 min, fell in love and spent the remaining 15 starring at his wedding ring, debating if I could be a literary mistress and what kind of hotels he'd put me up in while I waited for him to escape his wife's clutches. And then I realized, that's probably not a good moral path and I sadly walked into the cold New York night back to my apartment, where I picked up the next book of his in my To Read Pile. Motherless Brookln is good but it's no Chronic City, that is to say, it's no book worth participating in adultery for.

All that said, should we change our blog title to "Lethem's Ladies"? I'm just thinking....

No comments:

Post a Comment