Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Faaaaabulous

When one of my favorite playwrights/screenwriters writes a book of essays with my favorite candy on the cover, it is obviously a must-read. Paul Rudnick reminds me a lot of me as a small child: mouthy, FABULOUS and consisting entirely on a diet of candy. Except I grew up into a useless twentysomething and he grew up to write a bunch of awesome plays and the screenplay for ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES. His essays are off the chain hilarious, his depiction of Hollywood dead on (SISTER ACT was originally his screenplay and the path from how it went from his sassy movie starring Bette Midler to a lame Whoopi Goldberg flick makes for excellent essay fodder) and his fictional pieces about an elderly man in the Village who sticks his nose where it doesn't belong are equally entertaining. I want to hang out with him and eat marshmallow peeps all the day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment